The Institute for Media and Society is an independent, non-governmental organization based in Lagos, and works on media/communication capacity development in Nigeria. The core mandate of the organization is to build the communication capacity of institutions and communities for effective participation in the development process.
The organization, one of the partners implementing the “Tomorrow is a New day” project (www.tomorrowisanewday.org) with funding from European Union, requires the services of Consultants to conduct a Follow-up Training in Journalism, as an aspect of the Tomorrow is a New Day Project for communities in the Niger Delta.
- Agree on a training Curriculum with IMESO, and design/package a Training manual for a 3-day training activity for the members/volunteers of Information and Resource Centre (IRCs) for approval.
- Design a pre/post test for volunteers focusing on training topics from the training manual
- Deliver a 3-day training on Journalism/Information Production for the members/volunteers of Information and Resource Centres (IRCs) in assigned communities.
- Train and equip volunteers with necessary skills to independently produce radio programmes from start to finish
- Supervise/lead the volunteers to produce a specific number of programmes of different formats and jingles suitable for broadcast on radio stations
- Administer, score and submit scores of pre and post-test evaluation forms
- Collate and submit appropriate documentation from the training such as: photographs (soft copies); signed attendance sheets; completed evaluation sheets etc.
- Submit a comprehensive training report
Required Skill set, Qualification and Experience
Applicants are expected to:
- show good understanding of community development work
- have experience in working with community volunteers
- possess a degree in Mass Communication or any related discipline
- Have at least 8years of working with media organizations or projects, and three (3) years experience in producing radio programmes and jingles.
- have functioned in the role of training consultant for not less than two years
Experience in working on projects especially on media and communication in the Niger Delta environment will be an added advantage
Method of Application
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.